Let me ask this a different way..

5170   3   3
26 posts
I recently asked how to set up hotkeys in Houdini.

Now that I know (via Alt-Shift-A) I would like to know how to tie a hotkey to a specific custom menu. I cannot for love nor money find this anywhere and the other hotkeys already defined don't have any common pattern to them, many of them going straight to op names.

So if I create a custom menu called Blah, and it now shows up when I hit TAB, how can I tie that one custom menu to a hotkey so only *it* pops up when I hit that key?
Staff
2540 posts
Ctrl-Alt-Shift
click on the custom toolbar tool will bring up the hotkey manager ready to set a hotkey for that action by pressing on the down arrow.

Note that you can hold down either the Shift, Alt, Ctrl or any combination before pressing the down arrow to set hot keys appropriately. It will show you which keys are alread assigned in red and those that are free in black.
There's at least one school like the old school!
26 posts
Jeff, the problem is though that when setting a hotkey for toolbars, there's no way to set it for only the custome toolbar I want, i.e., if I do a Ctrl-Alt-Shift and click my Blah toolbar from the pane's toolbar area, the hotkey manager pops up but it just sees that as the entire Toolbar action, i.e., the same as hitting TAB which shows *all* the toolbars.

It seems there would be no way to show just the custome toolbar I created, or rather, just its contents, so I don't have to wade through the rest.
648 posts
the hotkey access to the program seems
unfinished, like toggle ortho grid !
also it would be nice if the colour or
transparency of the ortho grid could
be adjusted through the display options.

-cpb
  • Quick Links