export chop channel problem

3762   5   2
82 posts
Hi,
I am trying to export a chop channel to use it in a spare parameter. My chop channel is working without problem ( range 0-1)…but when I toggle the export flag I get a strange flickering effect ( the node alterenate ok/red….same thing for the curve in the motion view-> on/off flickering… 1 frame visible, 1 frame off…)

I have try to use the chop() expression instead but I am getting the same problem ( my null node flicks ).

Help is very welcome!.
537 posts
Do you have an example scene? I've been trying to isolate a very strange export bug issue so I can submit it. Maybe it's the same bug?
Staff
2540 posts
Yes an example scene would be good. I wonder if it is a recursion issue?

You may want to look at the details view to see how the scene is evaluating.
There's at least one school like the old school!
82 posts
Tks guys it looks like it is solved …that was an infinite recursion problem.
I still have an update problem somwhere in my network I think, I must investigate. I will ask you if I can't find the problem.
I have not used the detail view very often…but it looks like I should.

BTW I can't wait for some new tuts from you guys!
82 posts
I can send you the asset (my first one ) if you want ( it was done for the elevator contest on the 3d buzz website )…But be ready, its not an elegant/clean solution…But what a great learning experience!
Staff
2540 posts
Oh I meant the Performance Monitor and not the details view.

The Performance Monitor can be found in the Houdini main top menu Windows > Performance Monitor. It gives you a list of all the operators that have evaluated in order, the time they took to evaluate and more.
There's at least one school like the old school!
  • Quick Links