Point and primitive attributes

2950   1   0
606 posts
Hullo,

I was trying some learning exercises and ran into snags when trying to play with attributes. Simple stuff and a newbie point of view, but:

1) Primitive attributes in SOPs. Simply put, how do I set the value of a primitive attribute? You can modify values of arbitrary point attributes in a Point SOP, but not in Primitive SOP?
In my case I was trying to multiply “area” with clamped N. It was easy to circumvent by setting the alpha in Prim SOP to what I needed, or probably by promoting to point attrib and back, but it feels like there should be a way to just set the value of a primitive attribute directly. A “Custom” tab for Primitive SOP? Am I missing something obvious here?

2) Not that big, but accessing point attributes from a vopnet. I was trying to access a point attribute in a COP vopnet, and there is a primitive attribute node but no point attribute node. Perhaps it could be done via a point cloud, but for completeness' sake a point attribute node would seemslike a good idea. Unless I'm missing something again

eetu.
665 posts
1) You can use the AttribCreate SOP to create and modify attributes. Simply set to Primitive Type, than attribute = ‘area’ and edit to your hearts content.

2) Never used the COP VOP
  • Quick Links