VOPS -> vopsurface OGL Diffuse expression

6840   2   2
42 posts
I'd like to know how what expression will give me the rgb commponents of the color being output by my VOP network.

so far, i've used: ch(“/shop/material1/vopsurface1/output1”)

but, from what i can tell it only returns a float… and i need to be able to access the rgb of the color vector.

my vop network is rather simple:

*rings* piped into bias of *colormix*
piped into *lightingmodel*
piped into *output1*

thanks in adv.
454 posts
Not quite sure what you are trying to achieve.

I'm going to assume that you have created a SHOP surface definition using a VOPnet. After that I'm not quite sure. This: ch(“/shop/material1/vopsurface1/output1”) makes me concerned that you are trying to call a surface shaders output from another nodes parm - which is not possible.

What exactly are you trying to do?
42 posts
tstex
Not quite sure what you are trying to achieve.

I'm going to assume that you have created a SHOP surface definition using a VOPnet. After that I'm not quite sure. This: ch(“/shop/material1/vopsurface1/output1”) makes me concerned that you are trying to call a surface shaders output from another nodes parm - which is not possible.

What exactly are you trying to do?
yes, i got carried away w/ “proceduralism” and tried to fetch the output of the SHOP and put it into the color parameter of the OpenGL tab. (edit: I thought it was working as the color that was being output was the same as the default color of one of the ring node's color parameters. unfortunately, i didn't quite catch that the same is achieved by setting r = 0).

(i left the message rather than delete it for future amusement and edification.)

the hope comes from the way the VEX Super Material appears to work. is there a tutorial on getting an OpenGL / viewport shader to approximate (preview) what will be rendered (in realtime)?
  • Quick Links