UV Pelt problem

10719   16   4
124 posts
I am trying to UV Pelt an object and having a problem. I did the pelt but when I try to save out the UV Texture to Image it give the error “Invalid usage for display command”
I have done it many times in v.8 but it does not want to work at all in v.9.1.124.
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
23 posts
Same problem , please anybody help
1145 posts
No problem here Jerry, but I'm on 9.1.193. Mind you I've never had a problem saving the uv image.
Worldcmt, are you on the same version?
Any chance you can upgrade?
“gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer”
“everything is coincident”
“Love; the state of suspended anticipation.”
23 posts
Yes I'm using Houdini v.9.1.124 , I really don't know what is going on, I did try with UVProject and with the UV Pelt and the same problem. What I am doing now is saving my geometry as an OBJ and then import the model to cinema, then save my images with Bodypaint. It is frustrating because I want to do it all in Houdini but it just gives me the same “Invalid usage for display command” error.
Staff
1072 posts
There is/was a bug where this would fail for a path/filename containing spaces. I'm not sure whether this was fixed in 9.1, but avoid spaces and it may work.
124 posts
I am using Houdini v.9.1.124 as well so I will try Houdini 9.1.179 today and see if that helps. I have it on 3 different computers and they all do the same thing.
23 posts
9.1.179 and still the same problem, I did uninstall the software, reinstall it, etc. and nothing. What this error means ? “Invalid usage for display command”, it has something to do with the video card ? OGL ?
Thank you all
1 posts
i had the same problem - i think it was related to memory

did you try restarting houdini - this worked for me i think.
2 posts
I have the same problem. restarting houdini does not help.
Staff
1072 posts
Just to reiterate, are you saving to paths with spaces in them? I ask because nobody has said.
124 posts
I never use spaces anywhere in Houdini. I can have the name a.pic and it still does it. It also does not matter if I type in the path or use the browser.
Staff
1072 posts
I just wanted to make sure. Note that it would still be a problem if the space was in the path to the file, not just the file name. On windows it is not that uncommon to run into spaces in paths.
124 posts
You where correct. There was a space in the path. Now I get the error “Detail command out of order”. Any idea what this is?
Staff
1072 posts
This feature uses wren to render the image, and that error message seems to indicate that the wr_detail field in the wren version of an .ifd file is out of place. There is not much variation in the generation of this file, so this sounds odd. I can't reproduce it.
10 posts
@jjstanley
Do you use the Apprentice-version? I think the size for the image is limited - try a size less then 575x575 to avoid the error.
124 posts
THANK YOU! That was the problem alright. At 512X512 it works perfectly)
It would be nice if it went higher though. Not sure why that would need to be limited in Apprentice.
Staff
3455 posts
jjstanley
THANK YOU! That was the problem alright. At 512X512 it works perfectly
It would be nice if it went higher though. Not sure why that would need to be limited in Apprentice.

because you could use the FREE Apprentice to do pro level UV/texture work…
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
  • Quick Links