Object trabsform info, how to,,, simply

5540   5   2
32 posts
Hi all
I've been helped by Pagefan “Hans” about many issues, and I promised to be a good student, but I think I miss many basics in Houdini fundementals issues.
How to tell an object to transform ( translate, rotate or scale) itself in the gemetry level to another object in the scene level.
I'm looking for something very easy and I'm getting very confused to use CEX or centroid or bbox….
help
ops:
:?:
:!:
460 posts
hi

you can very easily just reference the channels, if you don't wanna write expression just open two viewports with a properties panel each (press P) each one displaying the attributes you need to connect and just select the value and drag and drop it into the other channel, let's say at scene level, a pop up will show up, choose relative reference and you are done, easy and the expression write them self automatically.

I do recommend you examine the expression generated so you can better understand what's happening.
varomix - Founder | Educator @ Mix Training
Technical Artist @ Meta Reality Labs
32 posts
Great
I will try this at once……. I will keep you updated
Thanx
32 posts
man….I'm ops:
that was a piece of cake.
thanx
32 posts
Hello again
This is works perfectly if you wanna copy the channels in a local node, but what if I want the global transform values????
thx
460 posts
glad to help

same thing but the expression will look something like this

ch(“../../circle_object1/sx”)

first getting off that node(../), then to the obj root(../), then to in the circle_object1 node I get the scale X of that object.

is actually very easy, once you understand this, you'll get much better in houdini, I use this kind of expressions A LOT

just right click on ANY parameter and select copy parameter go to where you wanna link it and right click again and select Paste copied Relative References

that will link the parameters
varomix - Founder | Educator @ Mix Training
Technical Artist @ Meta Reality Labs
  • Quick Links