how to bake a curve in CHOP

7283   8   1
313 posts
I know how to make a channel in “chop editor”. But I cannot bake it into keframes. I tried to use “record” to bake my channels done by “mouse” or “key” chops!
Can anyone help me?
543 posts
Can you be more specific?
When you say “bake”, do you mean getting the CHOP channels into SOPs?

That's what I'm interpreting from your post. In that case, use an Export CHOP and/or use “regular” exporting via the “Export Prefix” field (on the Common page).

Send more details please.

–Mark
========================================================
You are no age between space
313 posts
mark,

I wanted to “bake” the recorded channel into keyframes, so that i can use it in sop environment. I “recorded” the channel that I want with“keyboard” chop operator. but if I rewind it and play in the time slider, I will lose what i have recorded on the channel. I wonder if there is any way that I can keep my recorded data or channel for my future use. so I can export it to sop environment and transform those sample data into keyframes.

Thanks!!
543 posts
OK. I think I follow you now.

After you've created your channel data from whatever CHOP net you build, you can save the data into a file (right click on the CHOP and select “Save Data Channels …”), then using a File CHOP, you can read the data back into CHOPs to be used in any manner you wish.

Let me know if I'm still not answering your question.

–Mark
7733 posts
I think there is more than one issue here.

You can certainly save your CHOP data as xionmark suggested but an easier way is to just click on the lock icon in the node which ensure that the chop will no longer record anymore. This will force all the baked data to be stored with your hip file.

As for converting CHOP data to keyframes, here's a way:
- Append a Rename CHOP. In the To parameter put your parameter name. In the Export Prefix parameter, put the full path to your node. For this example, I'll use /obj/model/box1 as the export prefix and sizex as the track name.
- Turn on the export (orange) flag on the reanme chop. Make sure that it's overriding the right thing by middle-clicking on the node to get its info. The last line on the right of this info should say /obj/model/box1/sizex for this example.
- Now right-click on the node tile and choose “Edit Data Channels…”. This brings up a channel editor with keyframes fit to the chop data.
- Press the plus (+) button in this new window's toolbar to bring up the Fit Panel.
- Press the “Copy To Export Destination” button. After you press this the line immediately below should say something like “1 channel copied”
- Close the Fit Panel and the Channel Editor. Delete the Rename CHOP.
- Go to /obj/model/box1 and admire the keyframe channel created from CHOPS.

Hope that helps.
313 posts
xionmark & mark

Thank you very much!
I have learnt a lot from you two! I successfully had the channel recorded and export to sop!
543 posts
Cool!

I'm sure you've already heard this from others, but it would be very beneficial for you to go through some the tutorials and video lessons. Once you learn the basics of CHOPs, you'll be amazed at things you can do!

Good luck!

Have fun!!!

–Mark
543 posts
Oh, and don't forget all the great demo .hip files for CHOPs, I think you can get those from http//www.vislab.usyd.edu.au/sidefx/

–Mark
313 posts
Edward

thank you for showing all the steps! It works too!

yours
Brucelay
  • Quick Links