bezier() - What are those parantheses for? Time offset?

4438   2   2
243 posts
Hi there!

Ok, a real simple question, actually 2 simple questions…

First one:
with the expression function bezier() is there any actual use of the parentheses? There are no exemple in the help files that tell you what you can put between those or what it can be use for…does anybody knows? I hope so!

Second question:
Is there any expression you can write to time offset the value of a motion curve in time…
exemple… let's say I write this expresion: bezier()+2, my curve keyframe at this time is gonna go up 2 units…simple, but is it possible to make it go like 2 frames ahead instead without actually moving my keyframe?
The only way I know is the “shift node” within chops…is there any expression that could do that instead?

Thanks alot!
JR Gauthier
Character Animation & Design
www.turboatomic.com
http://www.vimeo.com/user2847970 [vimeo.com]
1192 posts
The parantheses are there because bezier is a function, so they should be present even if there are no arguments.
For sampling a channel at a different time, use chf [sidefx.com]and cht [sidefx.com].

Dragos
Dragos Stefan
producer + director @ www.dsg.ro
www.dragosstefan.ro
537 posts
I've always wondered. Is there any way to use these interpolation functions outside of the animation graph context?

Like, with an expression that will return a value? If not I'd really like to see them. They'd be really useful in CHOPs, DOPs, and POPs for procedural animation.
  • Quick Links