Beat CHOP

3766   5   1
12 posts
Hi All

Does anyone have any tips for setting up the Beat CHOP. I tried to follow the instructions in the help. So i have a Keyboard CHOP attached into a Beat CHOP. The keyboard has two keys mapped for the listen and one for the tap channels required and the output from the Beat CHOP is linked via expression into the yScale of a sphere.

I run the play head and tap along to the track I imported but it is not recording the taps.

Any help with this would be cool.

Thank you

Dave R
Staff
5159 posts
You need to toggle on “Intercept mode”, which grabs keystrokes. To do this, press Scroll Lock. Be sure to turn it off when you're finished hitting the beats, as it'll intercept all key presses destined for input fields as well (hit Scroll Lock again).
12 posts
Do I need to start the playhead in order to record, or is that automatic?
Thanks for the reply and help btw.

Dave R
1192 posts
The interesting thing is that most (if not all) of new keyboards don't feature a Scroll Lock key.

Dragos
Dragos Stefan
producer + director @ www.dsg.ro
www.dragosstefan.ro
12 posts
I'm using a Mac, the scroll lock is SHIFT F14.

Still can't make it work though..

Dave
1192 posts
Well, I'll rephrase: almost all new keyboards don't feature scroll lock. i checked in our studio, we have a combination of new and not-so-new Logitech keyboards. The new ones (this [logitech.com]and this [logitech.com]) don't have Scroll Lock anymore, it seems to be a trend.
The only new keyboard here to feature a Scroll lock key is this [logitech.com], but we use it in our farm rack.
My point was that SESI might reconsider the use of Scroll Lock for this purpose, as it is very likely that many users don't have that key anymore on their keyboards.

Dragos
Dragos Stefan
producer + director @ www.dsg.ro
www.dragosstefan.ro
  • Quick Links