post install initialization

3256   2   1
4 posts
I've just installed the 9.5.208 daily build, and have a little issue : when I launch houdini, I get a little progress bar saying "post install initialization , building UI cache, this will only occur once' . But I get it everytime I launch houdini… I searched the forum and the journal about this, without chance.. I don't know if this is normal (maybe a WIP feature) or if I'am the only one having this problem?

Thanks
1390 posts
akryls
I've just installed the 9.5.208 daily build, and have a little issue : when I launch houdini, I get a little progress bar saying "post install initialization , building UI cache, this will only occur once' . But I get it everytime I launch houdini… I searched the forum and the journal about this, without chance.. I don't know if this is normal (maybe a WIP feature) or if I'am the only one having this problem?

Thanks

Most probably Houdini doesn't have an access to a location it tries to write icon cache in. What is your home directory? Can you write something there?

Type in shell/cmd: hconfig to see what is the home path Houdini sees, then check permissions to read/write anything there.
4 posts
Thanks… I''ve checked the home path with hconfig and it pointed to a network directory, with a full UNC path ( with permission to read/write..) I checked with an administrator acount too and the the problem stayed). Houdini write the icons cache but he can't read it…
When I change the home to a local directory, it works… anyway, with the build 170, I didn't have this problem…
(note: I use the apprentice version)
  • Quick Links