New Fur Workflow

2882   2   0
156 posts
I have a head of hair that I am using the fur workflow for and it's looking decent in my test renders. The only thing is, it's really tedious to style the guide hairs. Does anyone have a good solution that has been succesful with the new fur workflow in 9.5?
“In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
1533 posts
nope not for long hair, if that's what you are doing?
hopefully SESI is working on some good styling tools like shave and haircut for H10?

jason
HOD fx and lighting @ blackginger
https://vimeo.com/jasonslabber [vimeo.com]
156 posts
Well basically right now I'm editting the guide hairs point-by-point, but thats not very procedural. :p I could also use some magnets but its just not a ton of control.

I was thinking, wouldnt that be cool if we could just sculpt the hairs but alas, that didnt pan out so well. I even went so far as to trying to surface the lines and then style in layers like a real hairstylist would but that didnt get too far either.
“In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
  • Quick Links