Mac: middle mouse on a mac book pro

9109   6   1
2199 posts
Any one know how to simulate a middle button mouse event on a mac book pro without having to plug in an external mouse?
I can do pretty much everything else except drag the network view.
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
2624 posts
Try

Hold space down , hold down track pad button , move finger around the track pad and you can PAN around . Do the same in the view port and you can tumble around.

Hold option down , using 2 fingers on the track pad , stroke up and down and you zoom in on the whole Houdini interface

Hold space down , using 2 fingers stroke up and down on the track pad and you zoom in and out on the separate panes

Hope this helps

Rob
Edited by - Oct. 29, 2008 18:28:31
Gone fishing
2199 posts
Hmmm…. sure I tried that first and it didn't work. Maybe I need a newer version of H.
234 posts
this “space-trackpad button-one finger combo” works for me…
2199 posts
space does the trick. cheers
2624 posts
I thought I would add to the mac book , buttons thread. I also notice he docs could do with some of these button short cuts. ! The Docs refer to setting up the mouse , but they don't seem to tally with the preferences on my mac book.

I MMB in houdini trying to get a value ladder , but instead I get the dashboard from the mac filling the screen . I can hold down the command button and mmb at the same time and I get a value ladder. Is there a way to get the ladder working with just the mmb button ?

FIX =

AppleLogo /System prefs / Expose & spaces /

Under the expose window at the bottom set the dashboard hide and show to F12 and “- ”

rob
Gone fishing
2624 posts
Has anyone found the keys to mimic the RMB menu ? with a mac book

rob
Gone fishing
  • Quick Links