obj export on os x

3967   3   0
234 posts
It lasts forever (1-2min), and each time houdini enters the “non responding” state.
I do the right-click > save geometry command. In the end it exports obj file, and everything is fine, but it's rather too slow.
Geometry isn't too complicated, just a simple plane distorted with several different procedurals.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

dj.
Staff
1450 posts
I tried RMB > Save Geometry… on a simple grid+mountain SOPs and save it into .bgeo… and encountered no problem.

Perhaps the non-responsive state on your machine may have to do with UI and various diaglog windows popping up.
203 posts
This happened to me once, I had to shutdown Houdini, but when I tried again it worked. I never figured out what could have caused the problem.
Most of My Houdini Renders [flickr.com]
My System [evga.com]
234 posts
hmh.
ok. I try again, with a simple box, and it was the same… a lag, and activity monitor showing “non responding” state. This time it was less than a minute, but still too long. There were no dialogs, and houdini ui is default one. Also, if that can help, I don't have any eyecandies turned on in Leopard, in fact I turned off everything that was possible, to make it more simple and fast.

Is there anything I can do to show some diagnostic of the problem?
  • Quick Links