how to load subframes in COPs

7204   7   1
537 posts
This is driving me batty.

:shock:

Ok, I have frames like this …

on and on .. I'm writing out these images with $FF in the file name. I want to load these back into COPs. I middle click on the name and it gives me every indication it's pointing to the correct file but can't seem to load.

So, any ideas? How do I do subframes in COPs ?? I actually need this for an effect I want to do. Thanks in advance!!
4140 posts
I just tried fiddling with this on Vista and POOF - there goes nvidia driver. nice.

Anyway, if you haven't already, try Foobar.`$FF`.tif ,with backslashes, for the file name.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
537 posts
yeah tried that already no luck
537 posts
I think I've got it working by rendering out image_$FF*10 at 1/10 steps .. then using the timescale COP to change the frame rate. This is a dirty hack though; tell me this isn't the best way to go
4140 posts
Well now I'm on an OS with a stable driver :roll: , I couldn't get it to work either. I tried something like this:

crap.`trunc($FF)`.`strreplace(frac($FF),“0.”,“”)`.tif

but it simply doesn't work. Hmmm. There's also the issue of getting files output on the keyframe such as crap.1.0.tif, which in a quick test using $FF insisted on outputting crap.1.tif, but work beckons…perhaps this might get you on a workable path.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
Staff
5158 posts
I thought I'd ported MPlay's -D flag to the File COP; apparently not. I've added a ‘Detect Subframes’ toggle to the File COP which will sequence fractional frames properly (on whole integer frames in Houdini for easier compositing). You can get this in 9.5.301.

This toggle is off be default as many users use ‘.’ as a separator.
537 posts
AWESOME!!! 8)
537 posts
reverb-driven motion blur system is working great now! thanks guys

One thing with the new File COP however. It's still necessary to do the sample rate after loading in the subframes. This is a bit confusing since it actually tells you you're loading in a different image than you really are.

So, is there any way the user could actually specify the sample rate on the file COP itself?
  • Quick Links