Group Sop Doesn't Work

5072   5   1
245 posts
Dear Readers:

I am trying to group by using a bounding object (points only). I have taken copies of the original geometry and scaled them up using the primitive sop (per prim. centroid) so I have a bounding object that matches and is centered around my desired geometry.

The real thing I am trying to do is to create a group of edges using the edge loop selection but when I hit Group(Attribute) in the viewport it switches my selection to primitives and this is not desired. If i change the option to points my group is not what I selected. (1) How do I make a group of edges? Or (2) how do I fix the Group Sop to select by bounding object.

Thanks in advance.
7715 posts
The Group SOP doesn't support edges. The easiest thing I can think of is after selecting your edges, change your selection to Points first before creating your group sop.
7715 posts
PS. I'm not sure why the bounding object doesn't work for you. Try posting your file of that.
245 posts
I found this link:

http://www.fourthwall.ndo.co.uk/HT_HDK_GroupEdges.html [fourthwall.ndo.co.uk]

but it is not supported by the version of Houdini that I have (Apprentice 9.1.179)

I will try your suggestions . . .

Thanks.
-markerline
245 posts
Believe it or not I had to turn on Bounding BOX then entity to POINTS then back to bounding OBJECT. It's like it didn't recognize the input unless I figeted with it. How qwerky.

-markerline
7715 posts
I doubt that's the reason. By default, the geometry selection is shown on the selected SOP node. More likely is that you didn't have your Group SOP selected in the Network View pane.
  • Quick Links