Houdini Error

10388   7   2
16 posts
Hi Community,
I've got the lastest build Houdini 9.5.350 and I've got this error. I happens when I hit the tab key in the output to see the tool menu. The image is attached below.

If you can't see the words. the error says:
Fatal error: data saved to CDOCUME~1/ADMINI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/Administrator.4576.hip
Then there's the ok button.

Below is a Houdini Console window that says:
4576: Fatl error: Segementation Fault

saving application data to CDOCUME~1/ADMINI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/Administrator.4576.hip

Ast this point I can add anythig to the output tab until the issue is resolved, can anyone help me?

Attachments:
houdini-error.JPG (146.1 KB)

7725 posts
If you hit OK a few times, it should save a crashlog to the TEMP directory. Can you post that? Also, what are your system specs?
7725 posts
PS. I'm running WinXP x64 with Houdini 9.5.368 and I don't get any crashes when hitting TAB in /out.

PPS. Maybe you want to try the latest 9.5 daily build and see if that is any better.
16 posts
I have also this problem, I saw a post shows that maybe caused by graphics driver but I upgraded the newest drivers but also meet this error.

Vista 64, Winfast 8800GT, nothing special
77 posts
Are you using a dual monitor setup?
If you are, you need to upgrade to the latest Nvidia driver and use Houdini builds that are no older than 9.5.357.
Check out the Houdini Journal (9.5.357) for details.
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_journal&Itemid=213&page=index&journal=default [sidefx.com]
7 posts
is this the same in unbuntu 8.10 64 intrepid ibex?

everytime I open houdini I get a fatal error once the splash screen comes up…
16 posts
Unfortunately, I have upgraded my drivers, and the problem still continues… I did check out the daily builds though and it seems as if they are still working on it because it is not seen in the download page. I will keep an eye out for that.
7725 posts
is this the same in unbuntu 8.10 64 intrepid ibex?
Make sure to turn off “Desktop Effects” or whatever it is called these days on Ubuntu.
  • Quick Links