Sound Driven Animation - move individual objects in a group

2166   2   1
3 posts
I am doing a sound driven animation using 2 groups of tubes moving in unison with a piece of music.

I have managed to get them moving to the beat of the song, both groups moving at different intervals and then coming together to move together however now I am trying to get the individual objects in the groups to move and create a ripple effect; make one object follow the object next to it, lagging a little.

I have tried to do this with a lag node in the chops network however I dont know how to get it to apply to the individual objects. I understand there could be an expression that could help or perhaps maybe including a channel editor in my geometry but Im seriously lost and would appreciate some help.

Thank you!
27 posts
Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but here's a file with a couple examples that use the chopf() function.

Attachments:
offsetexamples.hip (72.8 KB)

3 posts
Hey there,

Thanks thats a big help, but what I was going after something more along the lines of this… The music controls the movement but theres a delay in the motion of each adjacent object..

Attachments:
chop_sound_delay.hipnc (278.6 KB)

• Quick Links