Houdini 10 Beta Testing

30214   26   4
Staff
1182 posts
Customers who are part of the AUP program and Apprentice HD customers have been invited to participate in the Houdini 10 early access beta. This is a closed beta and we will not be publicly announcing the features in H10 until a later date. This is a great release and we are looking forward to coming out with a bang.

All testers should submit issues logging in with the beta account you used to download H10 then add comments to the Early Access forum which will appear after logging in. Please DO NOT post issues to the open forums using your regular login.

Robert
Robert Magee
Senior Product Marketing Manager
SideFX
28 posts
Hi There,

I know the fine print says we need to buy a new version of apprentice HD when it comes out, but I just bought mine like a month and a half ago? is there no grace period or something?

Thanks
Staff
1182 posts
For now we have supplied HD users with a H10 license for testing that does not require an upgrade. This license will expire after the beta and you can continue working with your 9.5 Apprentice HD. When Houdini 10 goes gold then we will establish the upgrade policy and determine what is the appropriate grace period.
Robert Magee
SideFX
50 posts
Is the list in the What's New help section final, or will there be more features before the release?
Staff
1182 posts
The documentation what's new list is a partial list that is focused on things that have been documented. For a more complete list, use the same login you used to download the beta software then go to the Houdini 10 Early Access forum. The Welcome posting includes a more comprehensive list.

Robert
Robert Magee
SideFX
21 posts
Thanks very much but
what's means (VC7) and (VC8) in Windows 32-bit ?
Maybe can someone explicate the differences?
Best Regards
LabMarino ops: ops:
1631 posts
Hi,

It's mentioned at the top of the Downloads page but everyone is probably too excited to read it.

• * Recommended Build: The 32-bit Windows (VC8) build uses the Microsoft Visual C++ (MSVC) 2005 compiler and is the recommended version for most users. This version includes FBX support.
    * The other 32-bit Windows (VC7) build uses the Microsoft Visual C++ (MSVC) 2003 compiler and is being made available for studios that have HDK code in their pipeline that is compiled with the VC7 compiler. This version DOES NOT include FBX support.

Cheers!
    steven
82 posts
Stupid question,
Where can I download the beta ( I am on the AUP.escape).
Tky, can't wait!

Borhan
Staff
1182 posts
If you are on AUP then simply contact your sales rep or email sales@sidefx.com and access to the beta will be arranged for you.
Robert Magee
SideFX
460 posts
Hi

If I buy the HD version now, do I get access to the beta?
and please please add a DOT node like the one in NUKE, those things are damn useful, node manipulation like nuke would be also great

thenx
varomix - Founder | Educator @ Mix Training
Technical Artist @ Meta Reality Labs
Staff
1182 posts
Yes - If you buy Apprentice HD right now then you are getting a H10 license that will let you participate in the beta now and will work with H10 when it goes gold.

Thanks for the suggestion on the dot node. It was considered but didn't make it into this release. On the other hand there are some nice enhancements to the network editor UI.

Robert
Robert Magee
SideFX
20 posts
So whats new in 10. i don't see the list anywhere.
696 posts
From the first paragraph of the topic:

rmagee
This is a closed beta and we will not be publicly announcing the features in H10 until a later date.
Stephen Tucker
VFXTD
20 posts
Yeah i know. i can join and down the beta. but i really don't want to if i don't even know what in it.
1192 posts
That's the correct way to approach the problem.

D
Dragos Stefan
producer + director @ www.dsg.ro
www.dragosstefan.ro
280 posts
hey i just saw the preview…it looks awesome!!
when will it be an open beta?
any release date?

regards
Patar

———————————————–
my reel:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTRVmWWG8vY [youtube.com]
Staff
1182 posts
For this release the planned release is in April with a closed beta until then. Apprentice HD does give you access the beta but we will not be opening it up to the wider Apprentice community this time around. The main reason for this is that we would like to keep our new features under non-disclosure until the actual release date.

Robert
Robert Magee
SideFX
135 posts
thanks for the info… Tell Kim and the rest of the team great Job…This is looking very good for us…. As an industry……..

george
3D Mind body and Soul Great illusions are done by great artists…
32 posts
Wow, the sneak peek videos look great. Congratulations!

I've a question about the HD license, in the article it says

“Please note that anyone who purchases Apprentice HD between now and the final release will get a H10 license”

So, If I buy a HD license now, I'll get a license for the gold version when it will be released? or I will have to buy a new license? (or upgrade)

Thanks! I cant wait for the new version )
4262 posts
onesk8man
“Please note that anyone who purchases Apprentice HD between now and the final release will get a H10 license”

So, If I buy a HD license now, I'll get a license for the gold version when it will be released? or I will have to buy a new license? (or upgrade)

That means if you buy a HD license now, you'll have a license for all of the Houdini 10.0 release. So you won't have to get a new license.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
  • Quick Links