Matchmoving allowed in Houdini apprentice?

4600   4   3
96 posts
Hey guys, just wanting to know if its possible to use matchmoving software with houdini to make a demo reel? Do I have to have the full version in order to use a seperate matchmoving software such as PFTrack, Syntheyes, or Voodoo? Thank you in advance!

Hairston
1390 posts
hairston630
Hey guys, just wanting to know if its possible to use matchmoving software with houdini to make a demo reel? Do I have to have the full version in order to use a seperate matchmoving software such as PFTrack, Syntheyes, or Voodoo? Thank you in advance!

Hairston

You can use Apprentice with all of above tools (don't know how voodoo works with H. though). Apprentice doesn't have any limitation on import side, and this is what you need to do it, right?

hth,
skk.
96 posts
SYmek
hairston630

Hairston

You can use Apprentice with all of above tools (don't know how voodoo works with H. though). Apprentice doesn't have any limitation on import side, and this is what you need to do it, right?

hth,
skk.

Yes, that is correct. Im wanting to be able to put my 3d models from houdini into the live action film using a matchmoving software. I was afraid that houdini would not allow you to do that in the apprentice version but from what you said it seems that I can. Thats great!
1192 posts
It has no limits on import. What you want is very doable, both SynthEyes and PFTrack export Houdini scripts which can be loaded.
Enjoy!

Dragos
Dragos Stefan
producer + director @ www.dsg.ro
www.dragosstefan.ro
96 posts
digitallysane
It has no limits on import. What you want is very doable, both SynthEyes and PFTrack export Houdini scripts which can be loaded.
Enjoy!

Dragos

Very cool!!! Thank you both for your prompt replies. Its much appreciated

Hairston
  • Quick Links