Rigging and muscle setup tutorials?

3770   4   3
219 posts
Are there any (free) tutorials out there on how to rig characters in Houdini? Looking for basic info on reverse foot and working with muscle (seems like they're not fully polished and may require knowledge of some best practices to make them work the way one would expect).

Couldn't find much good info or examples in the docs on these critical subjects.

Thanks in advance.
1390 posts
eval
Are there any (free) tutorials out there on how to rig characters in Houdini? Looking for basic info on reverse foot and working with muscle (seems like they're not fully polished and may require knowledge of some best practices to make them work the way one would expect).

Couldn't find much good info or examples in the docs on these critical subjects.

Thanks in advance.

Could you login with normal account, so we don't feel like talking to a wall, please?
2199 posts
Have you been through the learning tutorials on this site? That topic and many others are covered in there.
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
8 posts
I hear you on asking for help on these forums. There are a lot of newbies joining, as am I. I just bought Apprentice HD two days ago and have found that some of the replies via text can come of pretty stand offish but realize this forum has a lot of great insight and input from the community. I hope you don't get put off by asking questions that have been asked a bunch of times. There are no stupid questions in my opinion.

3DBuzz looks like it has some great character training videos on their site for Houdini, but that does not meet your free requirement.

I too registered with the eval username that comes with the AppHD registration licenses and was not able to change my userame in my profile. I created another account for the forums. You may try that to get the eval username off.
2199 posts
Yes I think getting off the eval login is a very good idea. The “eval” name, or should I say “evil” name has become somewhat mudded since its inception. You'll find people much friendly when they have a real user to talk to.
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
  • Quick Links