using a pen-tablet on linux

4829   4   1
38 posts
does anybody use a graphic tablet on linux os?
in other applications (gimp, etc) my tablet work normally, but i do not know how to configure my tablet in houdini. i use paint sop and parameter “hitpressure” on paint event always equal “1” and “0” if not paint.
where i may configure pen-tablet?
in houdini my tablet work like mouse - without 1024 levels of pressure, in gimp - as normal tablet with 1024 levels of pressure.

my tablet is “genius wizardpen 5x4”.
Vladislav Tushevskiy
http://vimeo.com/heliosalmatea/videos [vimeo.com]
711 posts
I'm actually experiencing the same problem.
Intuos3, GIMP works with it fine, but there is no pressure detection with Houdini's brush tools. I know for sure it was working in the past, although I can't recall if I was on Windows or Linux back then. :? I have tried H8.2, 9.1, and 9.5, none of them detect pressure, so it seems there is some misconfiguration somewhere. I'm curious if anyone currently has it working as expected under Linux.
2 posts
Hi,
Maybe a good news :

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/wacom-tablets-ui [blueprints.launchpad.net]

expected for Jaunty… :roll:
89 posts
DaJuice
I'm curious if anyone currently has it working as expected under Linux.

I finally got my Intuos3 to work in linux after a long battle with xorg.conf, and its working fine with the paint tool in H10.
711 posts
Still no luck here with H10 and the Intuos3. The brush tools always report a Hit Pressure value of 1 when painting. The way it's supposed to work is that the brush-radius and/or brush-opacity increase with more pressure. Works nicely when it's… well, working.

Edit- btw, Hit Pressure is at 1 even when I'm not drawing, and Hit Point always says -1. According to the help, it's supposed to return the point number closes to the brush center.
  • Quick Links