Problems with Mantra Resolution

5522   7   1
4 posts
I'm new at rendering in general and come from Zbrush/Vue where rendering is easy mode. So I've done some tests, imported some models, and have camera/lights set up. I've set the camera to HDTV 720. I create a new Mantra render node. I hit render and my render comes out at 768x421. I edit the mantra render node to override camera resolution 1280x720 and the same thing happens. 768x421 ends up being the resolution. I paid for the upgrade to render watermark free and I am not getting any watermarks on my renders. This tells me I'm probably doing something wrong. On the off chance this is a bug I am running a 2008 Intel Mac 2.8 Quad, Nvidia 8800gt, 4gb ram, OSX 10.5.6. The Houdini version is 10.0.268. But like I said I'm 95% sure it's something I'm missing because I've been up for 20 hours. BTW I am having a blast learning this software package so this isn't a complaint post. Anyone have any suggestions what is going on? Also does anyone have a good link to some specific rendering tutorials, or any info on how to toon shade in Houdini? Thanks!
349 posts
If you have overridden the camera's res in the mantraROP, then it should work out ok. Having said that I prefer to set the resolution in the camera's view tab. Give it a try, and if it works out ok, then sweet, if not then post it as a bug for sesi to have a look at.
1145 posts
Where are you triggering your render from?
If it's from the Icon at the bottom left of the 3d viewport, and you are just left clicking on it, then you are likely triggering the default View Mantra renderer.
Right click on that icon and choose the Mantra that you created, then you will get the settings that you want. Then the next time you wish to render you can just left click the icon, it will remember the last render node you called.

View Mantra is meant as a fast render that delivers what you see in the viewport.
“gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer”
“everything is coincident”
“Love; the state of suspended anticipation.”
4 posts
I have been selecting the Mantra I have created. (mantra1) I change the camera view settings to anything below 768x421 and they render correctly. 600x100, 400x200 etc. Anything above 768x421 such as 1280x720 renders out at 768x421. This happened to me on both the production 10.0 release and the 10.0.268 version. This also happens when I override the camera settings in Mantra. I'm starting to think license bug maybe?
1532 posts
Are you using Apprentice? Isn't there a resolution limit on that?

G
4 posts
Stills are not supposed to have a resolution limit and animation is capped at 1920x1080 for Apprentice HD. None of my exports have a watermark, they are just capped at 768x421 for some reason.
4140 posts
It sounds to me like your licensing hasn't kicked in and you're running just the Apprentice version, or it's falling back to it. Run hkey and see that you have the proper licenses working.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
4 posts
JColdrick was correct. I had to reinstall my licenses manually and everything works fine now. Thanks to support for helping me out asap and I'm off to conquer more tutorials.
  • Quick Links