Parenting Tires to a RBD car.

4850   3   1
617 posts
i am doing a little test, i did 5 objects, 1 is just a box,
and 4 tubes (Tires of the car)

i just lunch the Box to the skys and fell into a RBD static object, all that is fine,

i parent the tires to the Car, at OBJ level, as i understand the dynamics in houdini they copy the objects to the dynamic tree. and here is were i got stuck, how do i tell houdini that also need to take the tires into account?

do i have to bring them to the network using a special solver? i try with parent constrain, but looks that might not be.

thanks .

Attachments:
Car_Explotion.hipnc (401.8 KB)

311 posts
have a look at this..

Attachments:
car_explotion_1000.hipnc (399.2 KB)

617 posts
Hi Jesta works very nice ,
i did something similar with selecting the Car, and the wheels and doing a “Combine”, was wondering, how you set it up to Glue the wheels, so when the car hit the Ground, it “Breaks” the glue conection of the car and the tires can move on their on way.

Thanks for sending the example with the “Import Object” i didnt know with 1 Node you can import several objects.
617 posts
i redid the Flow of the houdini car,
i put the tires inside the object, (Just “Copy sop” a tube into a Grid with 4 points.

and instead converting it to a RBD object i “Glue” It, so when it hit the ground, depending on the force of the glue the tires will stay or break.
Very cool, and as i am exploring Houdini i got several more questions,

What if i want the car to be animated, be moving to the front and then jump, like a explotion hit it from the ground. how do i set the tires, they have to be inside the object, or they have to be a diferent object conected in the DopNetwork?
also how i can set the tires in a groups, let say i just 1 tire to be glue and break when it hit the ground and leave the other 3 attach to the car?

and how can i tell houdini to just calculate certain frames? like from 1 to 100, like the enviroments in XSI?
Thanks .

Attachments:
Car_Explotion.hipnc (366.3 KB)

• Quick Links