Blending your houdini sim with live footage? How?

4066   4   1
96 posts
I know that we have to use a matchmover such as syntheyes or boujou to track the image but how do we get the final product of the matchmover into houdini and test it? I have been looking through the houdini documentation but could not find it (I checked rendering too) Could someone explain or just send me a link to some documentation, dvd, tutorial, etc? Thank you!

Hairston
4140 posts
If the tracker supports Houdini, output to a file. More than likely it will be a ‘cmd’ file. In a Houdini session, open an hscript window(Windows/hscript textport) and ‘source foo.cmd’

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
96 posts
JColdrick
If the tracker supports Houdini, output to a file. More than likely it will be a ‘cmd’ file. In a Houdini session, open an hscript window(Windows/hscript textport) and ‘source foo.cmd’

Cheers,

J.C.

Thank you very much for the response. Will this allow me to test the simulation in the video footage before I actually render it? For example, in blender I can convert the footage over to tga file, then move it over to voodoo motion tracker then export that back into blender and within the blender 3d view I can see the footage and line up my shot accordingly PRIOR to rendering it out with shaders, lighting, etc. Does it work similar to that? Thanks again.
4140 posts
The above should get you a camera and a pointcloud. Anytime you want your Scene view over a background image, hit ‘d’ over the Scene view, check out the Background tab.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
96 posts
JColdrick
The above should get you a camera and a pointcloud. Anytime you want your Scene view over a background image, hit ‘d’ over the Scene view, check out the Background tab.

Cheers,

J.C.

Thank you!!! This has been most helpful. I will try it out tonight.

Cheers,

Hairston
  • Quick Links