camera projection distortion

3545   3   2
34 posts
In order to do a camera projection I am using the uv texture node and changing the perspective type to projection through camera. I then assign a constant shader with the image that I want to project.

However, the projected image becomes distorted if the geometry has a low resolution. This occurs even on a simple grid and I can't quite understand why it happens.

Does anybody know what causes this and if the is a way around it without subdividing the geometry?

thanks a lot.
665 posts
Is this for in scene, or only at render time?

If it's for render, than you can use a shader and set everything to NDC space. It's the same as the uvTexture, but on a per pixel basis, instead of a per point.
34 posts
It occurs both in the scene and at render time.

The problem I have is that I need low resolution geometry, but if I use this the projection gets distorted and I cannot line the geometry up with the textures sufficiently.
137 posts
Sorry for bringing back an old discussion but this caused me lots of headaches and I thought others might like to get the info.

For rendering we must use a shader that convert the P rest world space to NDC but even with this method it still has some artifact if the geometry is not very uniformly divided.

What I had to do to make it work is to force the “Rendering Engine” menu to “Raytracing” on the Mantra Rop.

François
  • Quick Links