compiling sample code on Mac (garbage collector flag issue)

3639   2   0
2 posts
Hey

I am just trying to compile the standalone samples under houdini version 374. I use a MacBook with gcc 4.0 (Also tried upgrading to 4.2, did not work).

It gives a warning when I compile with hcustom -s

cc1plus: warning: command line option “-fobjc-gc-only” is valid for ObjC/ObjC++ but not for C++

I am getting the following message when I run

objc: ‘/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/10.0.374/Libraries/libHoudiniUT.dylib’ was compiled with -fobjc-gc-only, but the application does not support GC
objc: ‘/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/10.0.374/Libraries/libHoudiniUI.dylib’ was compiled with -fobjc-gc-only, but the application does not support GC
objc: ‘/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/10.0.374/Libraries/libHoudiniAPPS2.dylib’ was compiled with -fobjc-gc-only, but the application does not support GC
objc: ‘/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/10.0.374/Houdini’ was compiled with -fobjc-gc-only, but the application does not support GC
Illegal instruction

Anyone has any idea why? Any suggestions on what to do?

I appreciate the help, thanks!
8 posts
I am also very interested in this subject, as the garbage collection incompatibility issue means you can't write standalone hdk apps on osx (as far as I can tell).
39 posts
I just ran into this problem as well. I tried it on the latest production build 10.0.430 and it is still broken. Has anyone submitted a bug report?
  • Quick Links