Snow Leopard and Houdini good to go?

169766   162   5
6 posts
I'm on 10.0.397 with the 2007 17in mac w/ 8600m video card. I'm still getting flickering in the viewport.

Good new tho, my menus are back!
288 posts
when I min the window and max it, it never flicked …..maybe you can try this method.
^_^
5 posts
The 9.5 production build and the daily build currently have the bug that prevent the user from accessing the menu.
It seems to be fix in the 10.x. Will it be backported ?

Regards,
Edited by - Sept. 14, 2009 06:18:27
288 posts
oh… it didn't flick this morning and flicked again this afternoon..-.-!

Has there anyone solved the flicker problem?

my machine is macbook pro..
^_^
154 posts
bpinel
The 9.5 production build and the daily build currently have the bug that prevent the user from accessing the menu.
It seems to be fix in the 10.x. Will it be backported ?

Regards,

I'm afraid that we will not be back porting Snow Leopard fixes to H9.5. If you need continued access to 9.5. Then you'll need to keep a copy of Leopard around.

We did a lot of work in H10 to improve the functioning of the Mac version. We highly recommend using H10 if at all possible.
154 posts
ykcosmo
oh… it didn't flick this morning and flicked again this afternoon..-.-!

Has there anyone solved the flicker problem?

my machine is macbook pro..

So far, the flicker looks like a bug with the NVidia driver. We have notified our contact at Apple and have registered a bug with them. Hopefully they will have some news for us soon.
288 posts
I agree with it is a bug from Nvidia driver.

Thanks for your hard work.
^_^
168 posts
just curious - any progress ?
Albert
288 posts
me too…. any progress?
^_^
154 posts
We're still waiting for an update from Apple. I pinged them again yesterday.

We apologize for the trouble!
Staff
4164 posts
Thanks for keeping us in the loop Mike! That's what makes SESI so great, and (one reason) why we tell people to use Houdini.
I'm o.d.d.
288 posts
yeah, very great !
^_^
3 posts
Hi all Mac OS X users,

I have a iMac 2.4 Ghz with a ATI RadeonHD2600 256 MB. I never test Houdini on Leopard. I install the version 10.0.401 fix the permission on the 2 folders. After that I can launch Houdini. Unfortunately, I don't have any icon and the interface is very very slow… 2-5 second lag on any process.

That issue is due by Snow Leopard or my iMac is too old ?

Thanks

Attachments:
Houdini_no_icon.jpg (55.3 KB)

FX Developer at Dreamworks Animation
Maya / Houdini (hopefully I will witch this order soon :-)
288 posts
I think the problem is from the display driver, similar to my viewport flicker problem.
^_^
154 posts
Lucas3d
Hi all Mac OS X users,

I have a iMac 2.4 Ghz with a ATI RadeonHD2600 256 MB. I never test Houdini on Leopard. I install the version 10.0.401 fix the permission on the 2 folders. After that I can launch Houdini. Unfortunately, I don't have any icon and the interface is very very slow… 2-5 second lag on any process.

That issue is due by Snow Leopard or my iMac is too old ?

Thanks

Since you are on ATI, it's not likely a display driver problem. Make sure that you have X11 installed on your machine. It's an optional install on OS X. The program that we use to convert out SVG icons has a dependency on X11.

If you don't have it installed, you should be able to install it from your OS X install DVD.
288 posts
ATI…….
^_^
3 posts
MikeTaylor
Since you are on ATI, it's not likely a display driver problem. Make sure that you have X11 installed on your machine. It's an optional install on OS X. The program that we use to convert out SVG icons has a dependency on X11.

If you don't have it installed, you should be able to install it from your OS X install DVD.

Oups.. I true, I didn't install X11 (saving space on my small HD).
I will try that this week-end.

Thanks all for your answers, I feel less alone :-)
166 posts
Still not complete support for international keyboards (for example ALT-4 is the $ sign in Swedish keyboard layouts), making it quite challenging trying to use Houdini without changing keyboard layout. I can't type any of the “ALT characters”.

Is this something SESI's working on or is it a no go?
3 posts
MikeTaylor

So after install X11, Houdini works well ! Icon is present and no openGL lag !
I don't create a big scene yet. Any way, I want only use Houdini at home on my iMac to practice it, if I'm not using it at work (some time I need to work on Maya).

Thanks for your help !
288 posts
Oh …no……My Nvidia card…..-.-! still has problem on houdini….
^_^
  • Quick Links