Automatic alpha detect trim COP in VOP

5697   6   1
19 posts
Hi,all

Now I try to make custom COP with VOP for some batch process.
the steps I want to achieve is as followed by attached image.
I have so many textures for this and I want to achive this automatically.
I have no coding skill,so it's very happy for me if I can achive this process in VOP.Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Attachments:
trim.jpg (198.4 KB)

401 posts
Sorry I cannot help but I really love your presentation!

Georg
this is not a science fair.
1390 posts
rdg
Sorry I cannot help but I really love your presentation!

Georg

Yes, I love those pictures too!

I have a feeling vops are not particularly good at things like this, because they evaluate pixels in abstract to each other, so it's hard to compute min, max, etc values with it.

This is my quick try of auto crop tool just as an example. Definitely needs some tweaks, but first results are promising. There isn't any real codding in it, just a few expressions.

For a moment the main obstacle is how Houdini plays with chops and not-animatable parameters, like in CropCOP. I had to make it manual process, since direct link of crop parameters to chops values (via chop()) expression didn't work.

Anyways, from that, you can go forward.

cheers!
skk.

BTW I'd love to have in Houdini decent support for arbitrary tags in openEXR files. Instead of “vm_image_comment” Mantra property we could have “vm_exr_tag:window” for example being about to save into exr file crop values. For now we have to hack EXRs with python, what makes this process tedious and error prone (like saving window/crop data in exr file after render “in place”). Is it good RFE?

Attachments:
autoCrop.zip (9.6 KB)

19 posts
Hi Georg,

Thank you for your comment for my presentation.
That's nice to hear.
Thanks!

takahiro )
19 posts
Hi SYmek,

Thank you for your comments.
your autoCrop sample is very helpful for me.
With your help I can go forward!
Thanks,

takahiro
1145 posts
Not sure I can help either however, would it not be simpler to key out the black, treat the remainder as a layer and do an over operation with a new black layer of a specific size?
I would suppose you would have to computer the size of the remainder somehow and re-center it on the new black layer.
“gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer”
“everything is coincident”
“Love; the state of suspended anticipation.”
1390 posts
probbins
Not sure I can help either however, would it not be simpler to key out the black, treat the remainder as a layer and do an over operation with a new black layer of a specific size?
I would suppose you would have to computer the size of the remainder somehow and re-center it on the new black layer.

I suppose that “specific size” is the question.
  • Quick Links