Density Attribute?

9332   7   1
527 posts
I would like to paint an attribute that controls the clumping density for fur.

However I can not seem to figure out where to place the parameter…. I thought it would be either in the fur density shop or the fur styles shop.

Any ideas?
soho vfx
527 posts
There is also the clumpshape and clumporigin shop/Cvex

I'm really confused on where to try inserting the control I need.
soho vfx
Staff
329 posts
Wren
I would like to paint an attribute that controls the clumping density for fur.

However I can not seem to figure out where to place the parameter…. I thought it would be either in the fur density shop or the fur styles shop.

Any ideas?

The Fur Object's contained “clumps” network is used to create clump hairs. The skin shader referenced by “clumps/create_clump_hairs” could be updated to implement this functionality.
527 posts
The skin shader referenced by “clumps/create_clump_hairs” could be updated to implement this functionality.

Are you talking on my end or sidefx's?

ps. I go back to work tomorrow and I will be needing to figure this out soon.
soho vfx
Staff
329 posts
Wren
Are you talking on my end or sidefx's?

This should be done on your end for now. New features will not be added until the next Houdini release.
527 posts
Ok

I was not sure what you meant by

could be updated to implement this functionality.

Thanks for the info!

Cheers,

~Wren
soho vfx
527 posts
So finally back at work… I am trying to figure out what you mean by skin shader… or more importantly where I may find it.

Are any of these locations close?

obj/geo_fur/fur/shopnet1/furdensitymap/furskinglobal1
or
obj/geo_fur/clumps/shopnet1/clumporigin/furskinglobal1
or
obj/geo_fur/clumps/shopnet1/clumpshape/furskinglobal1/furskinglobal1

If someone could point me in the right direction It would be much appreciated… Its probably obvious but I am stumped… sigh. :roll:
soho vfx
Staff
329 posts
Wren
So finally back at work… I am trying to figure out what you mean by skin shader… or more importantly where I may find it.

Locate the “clumps/create_clump_hairs” node inside of the Fur Object. This is the SOP that ultimately creates the clump hair geometry. If you inspect that nodes “Attributes -> Skin -> Shader” parameter, you will see it uses the “clumps/shopnet1/clumporgin” shader (this is the shader you want to modify). Hairs can be removed by manipulating the “furdensity” value within this shader. You may wish to consult the “fur/shopnet1/furdensitymap” shader for reference.
  • Quick Links