its posible to "Center Pivot to Vertex" insted Bou

4619   5   1
617 posts
i Houdini we have in the shells Modify > “Center Pivot” to Bounding Box
is possible to do a Center to Selected Vertex?
Soft image has the option to move to the bounding box and also to vertex, i find it us full,

in my case right now, i did an Eye, 1 sphere the inside part of the eye, and 1 outside, the outside is modify for the pupil, and i want to put the center, Not with bounding box since will offset a little bit from where really should Rotate.

i know i can detach the pivot and move it manually but since i have 2 eyes of my character i want to be sure they are exactly pivot center.

1906 posts
Here's a tool I wrote. It prompts for a selection of one or more objects you want to center the pivot for, and then it prompts to select one or more points. Of course the center of the point selection is used as the pivot position.

Also, the forum now supports attaching .shelf files.

Attachments:
obj_centerpivottopoints.shelf (3.4 KB)

Graham Thompson, Technical Artist @ Rockstar Games
617 posts
Wow! Thanks.
nice i hope to see this integrated in the next Houdini revisions

i will check it later on, mean time i just add it
(right click on a shelf add new tool and copy the script there right?)
1906 posts
You just need to put the shelf file in your $HOME/houdini10.0/toolbar folder. If the folder doesn't exist then you can just create it. Then in Houdini, go to the shelf you want it to be on, right click to edit the shelf, then scroll down the list of tools till you see the tool name and click it. It should then highlight and if you hit Accept it should then be there.
Graham Thompson, Technical Artist @ Rockstar Games
617 posts
Super Tool !
53 posts
not working for me
  • Quick Links