Digital Asset help

3014   6   1
32 posts
Hi im new to houdini. I have a procedurely modelled box.I have added windows in it.I have to give the following conditions

1) the no of windows should not exceed the height
2) when the height of the building is increased,the windows should be equally distributed.i.e.if the height is decreased also then the no of windows should be decreased to fit in the box

3) if the no of windows is increased more than the height,then the windows should be scaled down in such a way so that it doesnt exceed the height

I have attached my work file..Someone of u can give me a hand

Attachments:
procbox.hipnc (112.6 KB)

648 posts
See attached.
Edited by - Jan. 23, 2010 21:08:10

Attachments:
procbox_semiproc.hipnc (152.8 KB)

32 posts
hello my dear friend
firstly thank u so much for ur effort.

What i see from your model is that its really very primitive. I mean you cant give control to that window as far as i seen it.lik you cant set the window attributes lik number of windows
Could you please help me out

come on playas.help me out
happy houdini!
648 posts
box divisions are a starting point.
you can keep adding detail using extrudes or attach a premade window to the centroids of each poly. see updated attachment above.
32 posts
many thanks for the file..
mostly everything seems fine.. could u help me nw in expression for window such that
1) if the height of the building is the less than the no of windows,the no of window should reduce
2) and also i need a control for the number of windows
3)lastly if the buidling height is very large and if the no of windows are too small,then the window should be scattered at the centre with equal scaling

Attachments:
procboxnew.hipnc (140.8 KB)

32 posts
awesome.. it works after tweaking some values and adding controls..
could u tell me y did u use delete normals and what are the use of facet and primitive nodes..

thank u so much.. was tryin for this since 3 days.. but finally worked out with ur help
648 posts
here's another file using curves. much more controllable.
window count is kind-of… fuzzy.
procedural modeling is always entertaining

delete-by-normal in the other file was to take off the roof and floor, or there'd be windows on them.
facet breaks the points so primitive can collapse them locally.
I remember seeing a more efficient way of putting a point at the centroid of each primitive, but I forget where.

Attachments:
procboxnew_curve.hipnc (156.2 KB)

• Quick Links