how to save the output from icomposite?

1903   1   1
338 posts
Simple question, we are doing some image tiling and want to stitch these images together. How can we save out the IP image from icomposite in commandline mode.

I setup some scripts to work in houdinis cops but is hugely slow and sometimes fails doing this when dealing with so many layers. So I looked into the apps that come with houdini.

I came across icp.exe which would do the job if copying a segment of an image to the source image retained the original data… but it doesnt.

So looked at the old icomposite command line which also works for what we need. But we are arent sure how to save the composited data.

This is on windows commandline incase that makes a difference.

Cheers
Nick
1390 posts
Shortly speaking:
ic output.tiff=image1.tiff over image2.tiff over image3.tiff…

but the point is it's pointless, because antique icomposite doesn't keep a bit depth nor deepraster of your images, so you end up with 8bit RGBA out of your beauty renders.

I've asked SESI recently if icomposite is supported at all, as it seems it's left behind long time ago. I would understand that after all, but I wouldn't mind also to see it updated. I think we ended up with RFE for this.
  • Quick Links