delete points, keep edges

6145   4   0
277 posts
Hi!
I've got a problem - I want to make a tool, which will cut an object and return a polygonal curve - the “slice curve” - a curve which has the object in in the slice plane.

So I've created attribute, which remembers the nuber of points, then i use knife sop and the I delete all points, which nubers are below or equal to this created attribute.

The only problem I cannot solve is how only to delete all points of surface AND KEEP EDGES, that connect “slice points”.
(When I delete points by expression: $PT<$N_OLD) - i got the “clice points”, but without edges between
678 posts
DivideSOP with RemoveSharedEdges anyone ?
277 posts
Hi!
Thank you Swann_ for your's reply, but I'm afraid, I dont' understeand what you mean

(I attach my hip file - with example what I'm trying to do) - in my “delete 1” sop node I've got only poinst and I want to heve these points but connected (in good way) with edges

I've tested a lot of things and I cannot make it working my way ;]

Thank you very much

Attachments:
qslice.hipnc (251.9 KB)

678 posts
Working with not fused geometry is hard. You get more pieces to work with. Try this.

BTW. You can't just throw any geometry and expect that your solutions will work. Geometry also need to be prepared.

Attachments:
qslice_Fix.hipnc (240.5 KB)

277 posts
Thank you very much!
  • Quick Links