Pump, Set Source Velocity problem

3484   3   2
2 posts
I have a cube in a smoke container. The cube has a rotation animation on it. The cube is also set up as a pump so that it can push the smoke away in the x axis once the smoke comes into contact with it. But once the cube starts to rotate the smoke still gets pushed in the world X direction not the cubes local axis. The simulation doesn't seem to take into account the cubes rotation. Is there a switch or something that I missed?
Staff
2540 posts
Add a velocity “v” attribute to your rotating sphere feeding in to DOPs to see if that does the trick. Use a Trail SOP to calculate the “v” velocity.
There's at least one school like the old school!
2 posts
jeff
Add a velocity “v” attribute to your rotating sphere feeding in to DOPs to see if that does the trick. Use a Trail SOP to calculate the “v” velocity.

might you have a little time to spare for a bit more detail in you answer? I'm brand new to Houdini and don't quite understand how to get the SOP to calculate the velocity…
15 posts
Hellou.

Find a trail sop.
With this guy,box,node,superhappy, you can compute the velocity.
velocity “v”.
v stands for “velocity”
There are many ways to get “v”
This will give you a number. With that number you then do what you want.
then think “Multiplier” “add” “subtract” fit “ (transformations)
it ”v“ reminds us that we have a number and is the velocity.
A number also can be understood as ”v“ (In this particular case, and you will see that many others in houdini.)

Find a ”detail view“.
”V"

saludos.
  • Quick Links