Apprentice HD export query

3447   4   2
28 posts
Hi,
I recently downloaded Houdini Apprentice and have fallen uncontrollably in love with it almost immediately.

So, I'm now looking to upgrade to Apprentice HD to allow me to render in full HD. 8)

Could anyone advise if there's anything major / significant limitations in the HD package (in comparison to Master etc) other than 2k / 4k exporting?

Basically, I'm wondering if there's any limit on the amount of frames that can rendered from 1 project, or perhaps file types that can be exported etc.

I'm pretty new to Houdini and the 3D world, so bare with me if this is a typical noob question, but will I be able to export 3D objects and camera data etc to Nuke for compositing? Or would I need the Master package to achieve that? (Out of my current budget atm).

Huge thanks in advance!!
Chaz
130 posts
Hi,

As far as I'm aware, there are no differences in export options between Apprentice and Apprentice HD - it's just the rendering size/watermark.

Cheers,
Greg
38 posts
Apprentice HD adds export to the Torque Game Engine.
If you'd like to cultivate insomnia,
Bed down with a pretty girl.
Amor vincit omnia.
4 posts
If there is a limit of 2k / 4k, what does this mean exactly? Is this the number of polygons? Or is this to do with animations?
130 posts
The Apprentice feature chart (http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=589&Itemid=221) [sidefx.com] says:

NO limit on a single frame render

Up to HD (1920 x 1080) for animation renders

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Greg
  • Quick Links