Houdini Black Screen Render Issue. Pls pls pls help!? :(

1974   0   0
28 posts
(Also posted in ‘general’ forum)

Hi,
I'm fairly new to Houdini (Apprentice atm, HD soon) so bare with me.

I've successfully tracked a shot in Boujou and exported the camera as a .hip file which I then opened in Houdini.

Inside Houdini, the camera is automatically matchmoved perfectly with the footage thanks to the tracking data from Boujou. I lay down a text object as a test, and after a bit of tweaking with the depth and size etc, it fits pretty well and sticks fairly solidly to the floor.

My issue now is that when I go to render out the sequence, all I get is a black screen with loads of white noise and the very faint outline of the text, relative and true to it's position. The white noise seems to be directly linked to the ‘reference_points’ node, as when I turn the visibility on and off, the white noise appears and disappears.

I've thrown a light into the mix as I normally would do, I really don't know what I'm doing wrong here. I've attached a screen shot of the situation at present.

Also, I've uploaded via ‘yousendit’ a .zip file containing the project file and image sequence if anyone would care to have a look at it? Not sure how/if the image sequence will relink on someone elses machine, but hey:
http://www.yousendit.com/download/UFVyK0drdGpCSm8wTVE9PQ [yousendit.com]

Words cannot describe how grateful I am of any help thrown my way with this one. I feel like I'm so close to getting the basics nailed, but one major factor still eludes me, arguably the most important factor: taking the sequence out of Houdini for viewing / final compositing.

Oh, not sure if this bares any resemblance to my issue, but when I open the file, I'm greeted with a brief error message about missing assets, regardless, it doesn't seem to affect the camera inside the project though, it's all matchmoved perfectly. Just when I come to render that the issue arrises

Sorry for the essay, but like I say, I'd be over the moon if anyone can shed any light and help solve this situation! I really would

Loving Houdini by the way, haven't had this much fun in years!!

Thanks in advance.
Chaz

Attachments:
Houdini MatchMove Issue Screen.jpg (419.3 KB)

• Quick Links