sin wave

4899   1   1
24 posts
Anyone knows how I can turn a sine wave into a sort of linear tangents wave?. Right now it looks like a “ease-in, ease-out” wave, I need to have a more linear movement, but I don't know how to manipulate that with expressions.

Thanks!
24 posts
Ok I got the answer from sidefx support and I want to post it for any one interested. here it goes:

The fastest and best way to do this in a Digital Asset is to take advantage of Motion Effects:

-Put down a geometry node. Right click in the parameter where you wish to apply a sine wave and choose Motion Effects->Wave.
This will automatically create a chop network with a sine wave exported to the parameter in question. The wave graph can be examined
in the Motion View viewport
-From there you can dive into the motionfx chop network and choose the wave type to Triangle (in the wave1 node)
-Back at the top, you can select both the geometry node and the chop network and shift+c to collapse into a subnet
-Right click and choose create digital asset. Simply promote the wave type parameter to the top of the UI…
  • Quick Links