constrain problem

5388   10   1
58 posts
when creating bones, i couldn't set up the constrain for the first bone right after the root. bydefault (if i don't change the name) the chain_bone1 under chain_root1 has this problem.
The chain_bone2, 3 , 4 etc. has no problem at all.
the export flag in kin_chops also seems not to work properly.
anyone can help me?

thx,
clay~
7715 posts
Are you talking about angle constraints? Note that it's constrained relative to the rest position of the bone chain.

I'm not sure what you mean about the export flag not working properly. Perhaps this thead might help:
http://www.sidefx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=864 [sidefx.com]
58 posts
yes , angle constraints.

NOTE : this only happen when i try version 6.1 and it only happen on first bone - after the root (the second, third etc will work fine)

create/bones/ik with constraint
set the constraint values of x,y,z of first bone (chain_bone1) to 0
if i did this in version 5.5 , that bone will become rigid.
in v.6.1 i did the same things and it has no effect at all, i can still move it around.

other thing is in 6.1 the kin_chop's export flag is off by default, and if i toggle it on/off , it doesn't give me any effect. it's different from 5.5, which will give any predictable result.

clay~
7715 posts
You're right, it's different between 6.0 and 6.1.

The IK chop's export flag should be turned off and has been that way since 6.0. Did you read the thread I mentioned?
58 posts
sorry , i tried to … but when i click this link:

edward
Perhaps this thead might help:
http://www.sidefx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=864 [sidefx.com]

i got something like this : “The topic or post you requested does not exist”

clay~
7715 posts
If you look in the Bone page of the Bone object parameters, you will note that there is a new Kinematic Solver parameter. This specifies the chop from where the bone will grab its rotations from. This frees up the regular bone object rotates for FK channels to be blend with the IK solution.
58 posts
ok, now how can i limit the rotation of the first bone?

other question : if i create bones with kinematics, can i rotate the bone along the direction of the bone itself (z angle range) ? for example: bones for hand, i want that kind of rotation for the palm, so i can make the palm face down/up.

thx,
clay~
7715 posts
You'd need to override the values in chops and then make the Kinematic Solver parameter to point to it.
58 posts
sorry, i tried to change any possible parameter in chop, then make the kinematic solver to point to it, but still cannot make it work.
i still cannot make the first bone to have a constraint…
could u be more specific, which parameter does it concern?

thanx,
clay~
7715 posts
Create a two bone IK w/Constraints chain. Let's say your first bone was named “chain_bone1”. Then do the following.

1. Append a Delete CHOP to the created InverseKin:
- Delete: Non-scoped channels
- Channel Names: chain_bone1*

2. Append a Limit CHOP:
- Type: Clamp
- Minimum: 0
- Maximum: 0

3. Change chain_bone1's Kinematic Solver parameter to be the path of the Limit CHOP.

This will produce somewhat wacky results though in that the second bone won't always touch the end affector.
58 posts
yep, the second bone have a little unpredictable movement but not a big deal for now. anyway it's cool. thanx Edward.

clay~
  • Quick Links