Rendering backdrop images!

3150   2   2
76 posts
Hi there, Im fairly new to houdini apprentice, even thou I tried it out a few years ago, now I got me a new machine and Im giving it a go again.

As a Lightwave user, some things are quite difficult to find and use, and some other stuff is so sweet.

I just recently found the display icon, I don´t understand why that important UI tool isn´t located under the main menu somewhere under for example edit or under windows, those preferences wich are there doesn´t seem to contain the settings wich are under that display icon.

Anyhow, I figured out how to activate the open gl 3d viewport for loading an image as background, my question now is how do I best render the whole cam viewport out with background image, do I need to create an environment or is there a simple render out background somewhere.

In lightwave you could simply go to windows/backdrop/compositing and add a background image, so It´s something like that(easy) I would like to know.

Then I would like to get the hang of where you set up a textured environment with an image map too.

I would appreciate a little fast kick start on this, thanks!

Michael
http://vimeo.com/user680656 [vimeo.com]
displaced mind
330 posts
Hi Michael

Take a look at Peter Quint's excellent vimeo tutorials [vimeo.com]. There is a series of 3 showing exactly what you want to do (compositing).

good luck!

Mark
76 posts
Thanks Mark I´ll check in to those.

Michael
displaced mind
  • Quick Links