Camera Roto crash.

6182   2   0
436 posts
My Win2K Apprentice is crashing when I define roto imags for camera.

I have this 1280X960 JPG that I would like match camera to. So I first define a Camera that is looking at a null. It is NTSC Full rez. In Roto tab, I select ti to use the File option and select the image. Then goto Preferences and define Automatic Placement and 100% quality. The image does initially shows. However when the camera is moved the Quality slider goes to zero, and images becomes soild gray. Basically everytime I move the camera I have to go to Prefs and reset the quality to 100. Setting quality to 100 then saving prefs as Defaults does not solve the issue. This also makes it impossible to camera match the view.

Next thing I tried is setting it up as COP. I loaded my backround image into Input COP as File Still. However when I define Roto to use COP, Houdini crashes. Is there a patch for Win2K Apprentice that solves this issue?

Thank you
Dave Rindner
4 posts
David,

what version of houdini are you running? there is an update available for apprentice. the latest build v5.5.151 has many cops2 fixs.

On this website, refer to: Community –> Software Updates

Hope this helps, good luck.

Mike C.
bling bling!
436 posts
I am using 5.5.136 under Win2KPro SP2

One adittional item that has come up before, and has been pestering me since I installed Houdini. I hate mice. I use WACOM Intuos. I have it programmed for three buttons. It works great in all apps I use. Except Houdini. Unfourtunatly I can pnly describe Houdini's handling of Wacom as between barely accepatable to abysmal. I am really sorry, becouse in other respects I really love the application. The right click pop-up menu in Viewer does not work at all with Wacom. I have to grab my trackball to get to that menu. Basically the one or two pixel float of the pointer in the viewer is enough to prevent from Houdini from accepting a RMB click as it thinks that mouse is still moving. Also a tip click (LMB) is not stable. Basically I would select a point on which to click, say during Polysplit SOP, and at that point its snapped to a vertex. But at the moment of click the pointer moves away so slightly and target is missed. Very frustrating. I think that whatever sensitivity setting is programmed into Houdini is to high.

DaveR
  • Quick Links