FLIP voxel boundary like Volume Fluid closed boundary?

7051   7   2
47 posts
Hi, there is closed boundary in volume fluid container, which makes fluid behave like in a confine Container. Is there ways to make FLIP voxel work like this (hybirdo in realflow 5??).

thank you
Staff
2540 posts
By default from the shelf, the Limit Box is also used as the outer boundaries of the velocity field. Resize the Limit Box to resize the velocity field.
There's at least one school like the old school!
47 posts
ohh, sorry, it is my bad not making it clear.
In volume fluid, the closed boundaries make the fluid behave as colliding and filling up inside container. The current FLIP behave as the volume fluid “closed boundaries” off. How do I use FLIP to create this effect without creating a sop container for it.
Thank you jeff
Staff
2540 posts
Try to use a Sink.

Put a box that ever so slightly inter-penetrates or slightly outside the flip clip at limit box and that will drain the particles out that enter this region. Play until you get it right.

You can also apply POP logic to cull points in the local POP network.

The flip vel fields are just used to project the particles. Once they are projected outside the box, no more velocity is applied so use your sink there to suck them up.
Staff
2540 posts
Too fast a response.

You have to build a SOP geometry container to contain the flip is the easiest way.

Take a look at the attached example file. The geometry object builds the container and the initial fluid from the clip limit box. The same clip limit box that builds the vel fields. Resizing the clip limit box will resize the container and initial fluid for you.

With this setup you can easily create fluid tanks for flip tests.

Attachments:
flip_box_v001.hip (1012.3 KB)

47 posts
Hi, jeff, wao,,, thank you, thank you for your time to make this for me, that is really kind.
May I ask, wouldn't the collision dection to sop is more computational than just trying to re-implenment a closed boundary volume??, especially on millions of particle fluid. I am a newbie trying to make a throught understanding of all this. I think I am thinking in wrong direction.
Staff
2540 posts
A closed boundary on a pure grid-based fluid system is straight forward as you mentioned.

FLIP on the other hand is a particle simulation tool that uses vel grids to project the particles forward each timestep. FLIP is a particle solver.
47 posts
cool, I finally got it.
jeff, thank you for your patient and willing spend your time on newbie like me.
  • Quick Links