IDEA: HDA multiparms, the next step?

2720   0   1
2199 posts
Ok so its great now that H9 assets support multi parms now, but naturally this makes me want more!!
I working on a job at the moment that requires an asset that ideally would support multiple refine sops and also multiple converts, may other too.

The work around at the moment is to break up the process into before and after the refines and then the same for the converts. As you can imagine this quickly gets very complex and less than ideal.

The other option is to write something using copy stamp or foreach sops and that got me thinking I'm basically recreating the functionality of a multi parm by hacking around with expression and looping.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could just define a sop inside a subnet as a multi-sop on the top level you'd get much the same control as you do with multi-parms. You would define a number of instances of the sop inside and which parameters to promote as multi-parms back inside there would be created a matching number of sops with the parameters automatically linked back up to the multi-parms on the front end.

What say ye?

Attachments:
multicarve.hipnc (59.2 KB)

The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
  • Quick Links