Welcome to the Houdini Apprentice/Indie Forum

42779   11   4
Staff
588 posts
This forum has been opened to give artists using Houdini Apprentice and Houdini Indie a place to ask questions and post work in progress examples. While Apprentice and Indie users are welcome in any of the Houdini forums this one is meant to offer you a place to join other people learning Houdini for the first time.

To begin learning Houdini, here are a few different places where you can find lessons:

Edited by - Sept. 19, 2014 15:02:37
Robert Magee
Senior Product Marketing Manager
SideFX
Staff
3122 posts
…and the H9 Blog:

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=129&Itemid=241 [sidefx.com]
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Senior Technical Director
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
Staff
588 posts
arctor
…and the H9 Blog:

The H9 Blog has “just” been renamed the Apprentice Blog and will become active again in early 2008. I have posted an entry announcing the name change and requesting ideas for blog entries. You can use the “User Comments” section under each blog to start a dialog there.

We have also moved all the menu items referring to the Apprentice program to a new Apprentice menu. This will make it easier for Apprentice users to find the information they need without digging in a variety of other menus.

Robert
Robert Magee
Senior Product Marketing Manager
SideFX
4 posts
This new forum section is what finally compelled me to really try Houdini Apprentice. I know Houdini's power, but reading through the regular forum is just a mention of strange concepts and procedures for a Houdini newbie like me.

So I am glad there is an apprentice forum now!!!! I can post my questions and don't feel as dumb :wink:
Enjoying the siesta
1 posts
Hi, well i just want to say HI and to thank to SideFX for all this help, free tutorials, good help etc..
I'm from Serbia and here I don't have any chance to attend any course involved with Houdini and also don't have nearly enough money or ways to pay online courses
I'm currently working with Maya software mainly because my company bought SGI station few years ago and then installed Maya was only software i could learn.
Now i am very interested in Houdini and I love the way it works I hope all this tutorials and forum will help me to achieve above beginner level in Houdini

Keep the good work and support for us low budget artist
Thank You
2 posts
Great thanks to have accepted my suscription and to let me try out the OSX beta.
The only thing is: where can i download this version? I coudn't find it on the visible pages of the website… ops:
Thanks in advance for the tip.

B.R.

Almux
Gnothi seauton
Staff
1007 posts
If you go to this page [sidefx.com] (after logging in) and you scroll down to the Daily Builds section (just below the Production Builds), you should see Mac OS X link for the daily build of Houdini.
2 posts
Thank you, yes, i found it!
I'll just have to wait a little to have the ride… first have to install Leopard on the MacPro… :?
Gnothi seauton
2 posts
Hi everybody. I want to know why when I move an object's pivot, the object moves conversely, when all I want to move is the pivot… I m using a tutorial where this doesn t happen(Digital Tutors). I'm using Houdini Apprentice 9.5.
Also, the project files used in the tutorials… Where do you get them?
Thanks.

Enrique
Staff
3122 posts
quisegui
Hi everybody. I want to know why when I move an object's pivot, the object moves conversely, when all I want to move is the pivot… I m using a tutorial where this doesn t happen(Digital Tutors). I'm using Houdini Apprentice 9.5.
Also, the project files used in the tutorials… Where do you get them?
Thanks.

Enrique

this should really be in the Houdini Apprentice Section…

if a video has an example file (not all do) there will be a download link on the left side (I think) of the window where the video is playing…
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Senior Technical Director
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
2 posts
Yeah. This is for the Houdini Apprentice section…
The tutorials are quicktime files so no, no chance of downloading example files from them…
Any clue on the pivots?
3 posts
Hi everyone! I've just started to learn Houdini and i hope this forum will help me
It's all at the moment, i just wanted to say hello

PS sorry about my English
  • Quick Links