set some limit

3752   5   1
313 posts
Now I am trying to set some control for rigging a character with a few nulls. Does anyone know how I can set some translation limit for the null?(e.g. maxValue =3, minValue =-3) I tried to edit the parameter interface but I could not have done it successfully.

In the previous version of Houdini, I remember that there were a function called subnetwork. It is for simplfy a complicated network. But I cannot find it in Houdini 9.1 Does anyone know how we could simplfy a complicated network in Houdini 9.1

Any help will be appreciated! thanks!
Edited by - Feb. 16, 2008 04:46:13
67 posts
Select nodes for subnetwork then SHIFT + C.
537 posts
I really think the thing stopping this from making sense is the fact that it's not available when right clicking on the selected nodes … you have to right click outside of the selected nodes to “collapse” that selection.
313 posts
Does anyone know how I can set some translation limit for the null?(e.g. maxValue =3, minValue =-3)
537 posts
Does the “lock” on the parameter controls work?
268 posts
If you have animation in your parameter clamp will work (LMB click on parameter to switch between value/function).

clamp(bezier(),-3,3)

Unfortunately you can only do this once you have keyed the parameter. If there's no animation data this will not work.

If the parameter is promoted to top level of digital asset you can set limits on it in the type properties window using the ‘range’ toggle.
  • Quick Links