Mantra HDA problems and incorrect opengl driver

3245   1   1
338 posts
Heys guys Ive hit another issue with multiparms in a custom Mantra Digital asset ive built.

When I create My HDA and I bring up the mantra “extra image planes” to my HDA interface, and add my image planes as usual. It Looks to work fine, but when i render, my extra image planes dont output at all. I basicaly can only see the main colour image in mplay.

To fix this issue, I have to dive into the digital asset and jump back up again to cook the interface changes. I then can render and my image planes appear as expected.

I tried using the opcook command but this returns an incorrect opengl driver version error.

So I used pythons hou.Node.cook but this doesnt make a difference. I still need to dive into the HDA to update the imageplanes.

so part of my script that helps with the HDA interface I have this code.

root=hou.pwd()
hou.node(root.path()+'/mantra1').cook()

So I guess my three questions are.

1. Why doesnt my HDA interface update the mantra1 node inside it when I edit the the Multiparm for extra image planes?

2. My self and most others here are getting this wrong opengl driver issues with specfic commands, a good example is the layoutnode commands in python and hscript.

3. If im using
root=hou.pwd()
hou.node(root.path()+'/mantra1').cook()
Why doesnt this cook my mantra nodes interface changes?

Im using houdini 9.1.145 on windows xp 64bit

Thanks
Nick
338 posts
In regards to extra image planes on mantra digital asset, there does seem to be a bug where they arent propergated from the interface to teh mantra node.

I was given a work around to the bug from support. I was using opcook before which doesnt do anything on a rop network, as nothing cooks as such. So instead to force my mantra node to pick up the extra image planes intial change I was told to use.

root=hou.pwd()
hou.node(root.path()+'/mantra1').parmTuple(“vm_numaux”).eval()

This solves the problem thankfully :¬)

Opengl errors when running certain commands I think are nvidia geforce win 64bit driver problems?? has anyone solved this without changing to a quadro?
Cheers
Nick
  • Quick Links