AttribComposite operation

5694   6   2
639 posts
Hi, Would it be possible to have the AttribComposite SOP to have Add, Subtract, and Mult operation?

-A
537 posts
Might be useful but sounds like a job for point sops and digital assets

Maybe a switch sop to switch between the operations
2199 posts
It's easy enough in attribcreate just use the local variable mapping and basic math

$FOO + $BAR

$BAR - $FOO

But I agree I always think the attribute composite sop should handle this. Maybe an attribute math sop (like the chop one) would be handy.
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
639 posts
Hey.

Yeah, I know ADD, SUB, MULT operations are very easy to do via Point SOP or multitude of other methods. It just that I ran into the issue of how do I perform ADD/SUB/MULT on x-number of attributes all in one pass within the SOP Solver DOP… Hence I was hoping that those basic operations would be trivial for SESI to add for the next build or something.

is it?

Pleeeasssseee? :mrgreen:
2199 posts
Ah yes working with multiple attributes at the same time, that would be handy…. hence my reference to the math chop.
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
120 posts
It could be nice to whip up a quick vop sop to do this too… might even run faster than the point sop or attribcomposite.
639 posts
yeah, VOP SOP will in most cases be faster than point sop for sure. But both VOP and CHOP seems to require that you have a known set of attributes to composite. It's just that if I have an unknown number of attributes to composite, AttribComposite seemed a better solution. If a couple more of those composite operations built into it, that is.
  • Quick Links