What's up with Render Only Points option in Render Tab?

3608   1   0
436 posts
My points are rendering as large spheres. I have Render Only Points enabled in Render Tab, of a polygonal objects. So why are the points rendering as spheres?

On a good note, the car commercial, for which I created digi-splashes with Houdini 5.5, aired. Director liked effect, client liked effect. Whew!
That one took years off my life! The spot is for Ford Tierra sedan, airing in Pan-Asian markets.

Dave R
4140 posts
I'm not sure of all your variables, but you should be getting points, not spheres - that's what I get. If you check out Help/Outputs/Rendering Attributes(pdf), you'll see the attribute “width” - it defaults to some value, but if you append an Attribute SOP after your geometry, make the name of the attribute “width”, and alter the “Value” amount(just the first field is all you need), this will change the width of the points.

By default, points will render as points and lines will render as lines, all driven by the “width” attribute.

If you are actually getting spheres(i.e. you see light falling off one side), then perhaps you're using particles and Render As Spheres?

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
  • Quick Links