Unable to select other viewports when display options open

5777   5   1
141 posts
The title sums it up!

I'm on linux and I'm trying to adjust display options per viewport (space + d) so i can load background images.

If i try to select another viewport (space + x) while the diplay options are open, nothing happens? Shouldn't it select the viewport that my mouse is over?

However if I close the display options window and try (space + x) it works as it should.

Is this by design in Houdini 6?

Thanks,

/Rick
/Rick
4140 posts
Not by design - it works for me. Odd. Graphics card/driver version? Linux distro? It may be related to these…

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
141 posts
Hey J.C.

I have a Geforce 3 TI500, Nivida Drivers 4363, Gentoo Linux, Kernel 2.4.x and 2.5.x

I also tried this on my quadro 4 with the same problems.

Thanks,

/Rick
/Rick
4262 posts
Its probably due to your window manager configuration.

It depends on the focus policy of your mouse. For example the default in KDE 3.1 is “Click to Focus”. So if you hit “space + d” to bring up the display options, that window now has focus. When you move your mouse away from the display options back to the viewport are hit “space + x” that hotkey request is being sent to the active window. Which is still the display options window and not Houdini. If you change you focus policy to something like “Focus Follows Mouse” then when you move your mouse cursor over to the viewport Houdini will become “active” and “space + x” will work just fine.

The focus policy settings for KDE are in the Control Center.
Control Center -> Desktop -> Window Behavior.

Gnome should have a similar setting.

jim.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
4140 posts
Doh! :roll: Yup I forgot that - I'm sure that's it. Both Gnome and KDE will let you tweak these settings, and yes you'll need to in a default install. The only problem is with Gnome2/Metacity - it's pretty limited in configurability…

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
141 posts
Thanks for the tips fellas!

I've gotten this to work like a charm as per your suggestions. Still having some other issues with redraw but I'll keep digging into it.

Thanks,

/Rick
/Rick
  • Quick Links