questions about GroupPOP and eventPoP

3119   3   0
160 posts
when i use “$LIFE%0.2==0.1” as rule to create Group,then put it into split pop to emitter particles. but the group doesn't work,why?

if i use above rule to create an popevent ,but any affect can't be seen still.
why?
160 posts
the file

Attachments:
hhh.hipnc (93.9 KB)

4 posts
hi, my understanding is that there are no states matching the condition of “$LIFE%0.2==0.1”. Due to the limited sampling rate, the situation may be at one frame $LIFE%0.2< 0.1 and then at the next frame > 0.1. I guess you want to achieve the effect to split particles every certain frames. Maybe use “$FF%24 == 1” instead?

Hope it helps.

flyingc
when i use “$LIFE%0.2==0.1” as rule to create Group,then put it into split pop to emitter particles. but the group doesn't work,why?

if i use above rule to create an popevent ,but any affect can't be seen still.
why?
160 posts
curveU
hi, my understanding is that there are no states matching the condition of “$LIFE%0.2==0.1”. Due to the limited sampling rate, the situation may be at one frame $LIFE%0.2< 0.1 and then at the next frame > 0.1. I guess you want to achieve the effect to split particles every certain frames. Maybe use “$FF%24 == 1” instead?

Hope it helps.

Thank you .
i think i have found the reason.
that is ,like you said,the value renturned from $LIFE%0.2 is never equals to 0.1 because the data type is float.

so ,i use round() function to convert it to integer type ,then it works.

(round($LIFE*100))%20==0
  • Quick Links