Shatter/Cookie issue

4130   4   1
7 posts
Anyone run into problems using both of these in relation to eachother?

Maybe i'm missing something simple, but I've found that if you use the shatter node to break up an object then add a cookie, your object geo freaks out. Faces sticking out, almost like the normals get wigged out.

adding the cookie before the shatter seems to produce cleaner results, but still messy. Is it not a good idea to use these together? I was just thinking the shatter could speed up some steps.

I'll post a scene tonight or tomorrow
7 posts
–just did some more research in the forum. Sounds like the shatter tool is doing this by itself..so i'm guessing adding a cookie on top of it isn't really a good idea.
44 posts
Depending on what you want to achieve, you could try turning off the “Create Inside Surfaces” option. I've found that can create really messy geometry even without any downstream operations.

Of course if you need the inside geometry then …
7 posts
yeah i noticed that too…

I messed around with a lot of different variations of options between the two. Just couldn't get something to work right. Ofcourse Shatter by itself made some cool results at a low count of cuts.

oh well, guess cookie is the way to go
13 posts
I think it's an issue with the ‘Shatter’ tool (lets face it, it's too good to be true )

I have had awesome results with a relatively complex shape and terrible results with pretty basic shapes.

The best best is to manual cut and chop your geometry and then use them in Glue / Fracture DOP's
  • Quick Links